On February 3, 2015, I flew to California to hang out with one of my favourite fitness celebrities, Natalie Jill!
We filmed tons of cool stuff about Gluten!
Natalie has celiac disease, and has written many programs and recipe books about her gluten free lifestyle.
In today's interview, I asked Natalie a zillion questions about Gluten, such as...
- What is gluten?
- What is celiac disease? (causes, symptoms, diagnosis, prevalence, prognosis if left untreated, treatment)
- What is a wheat allergy? How is it different than a gluten allergy.
- What is non-celiac with gluten sensitivity?
- I understand celiacs and non-celiacs with gluten sensitivity need to go gluten free. I see others doing it as a fad diet...I presume because they think it will help them "get healthy" and lose weight. Why? What are the benefits, even if you don't have any auto-immune diseases?
- What are your thoughts on processed gluten free foods. I heard they are higher in sodium, sugar and trans fats.
- How do you get these in your diet: i)Fibre ii) Vitamins and minerals?
- Do vitamins have gluten
- Do you take prebiotics prophylactically?
- List some surprising foods/drinks that have gluten.
- List some surprising foods that are gluten free
- Does make-up have gluten?
Here is the video interview. Enjoy! Natalie is so awesome! I really enjoyed spending time with her, and I'm so excited to be able to share this moment with you!
p.s. here are the links to her specific programs: