Losing weight isn’t the hardest part: it’s maintaining the weight loss that is most difficult. Did you know that only 5% of people who lose weight are able to keep it off in the long term? Thanks to my approach to intermittent fasting and flexible dieting, it's a piece of cake keeping the fat off! (literally!).
My cheesecake is:
- Low net carbs, Low Sugar, High Fibre
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low sodium
- NO BAKE!
=>Cookie Dough Balls:
Mix by hand the following:
- 2 TBSP Chocolate PB2 with 2 TBSP Walden Farms Sugar Free/Calorie Free Pancake Syrup
- This creates a paste: make 12 balls from the paste (roll it between your palms). Add 1 cacao nib to each ball (or you could use a >70% dark chocolate chip). Set aside.
In a clean food processor, blend the following:
- 1 cup of peeled uncooked zucchini (use a peeler). Thoroughly puree the zucchini in the food processor (you don't want chunks). Do this first before adding the next ingredients.
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 8 g of Jell-O Sugar Free Cheesecake pudding mix (optional)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops BSN ISOBURN whey (vanilla ice cream flavour)
- 2 TBSP Toffuti Cream Cheese (Vegan Cream Cheese) OR if you want a soy-free option, then use Daiya Dairy Free Cream Cheese Style Spread. You could also use low fat cream cheese or low fat cottage cheese if you don't have an allergy to dairy.
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 tsp cacao nibs (or you can substitute with >70% dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (otherwise the cheesecake is too sweet, and it gives the cheesecake an authentic flavour)
Pour the cheesecake mixture into a small spring form pan.
- Insert the 12 cookie dough balls into the cheesecake
- Create the caramel “swirl”: refer to the photo to see how I added the Walden Farms sugar free/calorie free caramel syrup on the top of the cheesecake. Then I used a knife tip to swirl it into a pretty design. I also decorated the top of the cheesecake with a few extra raw cacao nibs. Feel free to substitute with dark chocolate chips (>70% recommended).
For my ENTIRE cheesecake (eat it all!). Note it will vary if you used the substitutions:
- calories: 365 calories, fat: 9.4 g, saturated fat: 2.6g, cholesterol: 20mg, sodium: 478.9mg, carbohydrates: 26g, fiber: 9.3 g, net carbs: 16.7g, sugars: 12.8 g, protein: 47.3g
Let's compare mine to 1 slice Cheesecake Factory's Cookie Dough Cheesecake:
- calories: 1090, fat: 72g, saturated fat: 38g, cholesterol: 290, sodium: 730mg, carbohydrates: 102g, fiber: 3g, sugars: 70 g, protein: 15g
- Wowsers! Did you see how many carbohydrates and sugars are swimming in the Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake?