My 6-Pack Secret:
People always ask me how to get abs like mine. What's my secret?
- Intermittent fasting (IF) is my main secret! Because I spend more time fasting than feeding, I am burning fat! I burned the fat off my abs, which is why you can see them!
- Sign up for my FREE Intermittent Fasting Tutorials to your inbox!
- I don't stay in a daily caloric deficit. I increase my calories and carbs a few times a week. This is called calorie and carb cycling, and is the concept I teach in my Fat Loss Fast System.
- I engage in short duration, but intense training. You have likely heard the terms: HIT resistance training, metabolic training, Tabata Training, interval sprints. This boosts my metabolic rate for hours after I'm done training. And because I train fasted and remain fasted post-workout, my fat-burning goes through the roof! Add progressively heavier weights to this equation and you have the formula for fat burning success.
So why do I bother training my core?
- A strong core will support your spine, protecting your from back injuries and pain. This is especially important for people who sit all day long on the job with slouched posture.
- I love the plank because it targets all the muscles of the core (including the lower back), making it the ultimate prerequisite exercise for all weight lifting and sports.
- A timer (use your smart phone)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- An exercise bench
- An ab wheel
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
- I like to drink BCAAs. Click here to read why.
What is AMRAP? It stands for As Many Rounds As Possible. Today's workout it a 10-minute AMRAP HIIT circuit, consisting of 5 exercises that will make your core BURN! Once you get through the 5 exercises (with no rest), repeat it all over again. Keep repeating it as many times as possible in 10 minutes. I did it 3 times (off camera). Try to beat my score!
Keep this 10 minute circuit mega-INTENSE; otherwise, set your timer for 20 minutes. If you are late for work, this is an ideal 10-minute workout to cram into your hectic morning schedule. This 10-minute workout ensures your metabolism will be humming at top speed for the rest of the day.
- Ab Wheel: 10 reps
- Heel Touches: 10 reps each heel
- Ass-Ups (on bench): 10 reps. If you don't have a bench, do it on the floor.
- Plank "Thingy": 10 reps each leg
- Jump Rope – 60 seconds. Beginners do Basic Bounce Step. Everyone else: Travelling Bounce Step!
Do the workout with me. Just click on the video.