Full Steam Ahead!
Steaming is one of the fastest ways to prepare vegetables, and with multiple tiers, you can cook an entire meal simultaneously (fish, rice, eggs, vegetables, etc). Compared to other methods of cooking, steaming is the best method for retaining the vitamin and mineral content of vegetables.
My sister gave me a Digital Steamer for my birthday, and I LOVE it because
- I just fill it up with water and set the timer.
- It has 3 tiers and a rice bowl (so I can cook enough food for an army)
- It's quick! My meal was done in 18 minutes! And I didn't have to do anything!
- It's user friendly
- You can make hard boiled eggs, steam seafood, veggies, rice and more!
- I filled the basin with water
- I placed the sole into the bottom tier with dill
- I placed my vegetable medley (I purchased it pre-cut and pre-washed): carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, red peppers, yellow peppers, pea pods). I seasoned them with metabolism-boosting chilli pepper flakes.
- I placed my pre-cut & pre-washed sweet potatoes into the top tier. I sprinkled them with cinnamon.
- I set the timer for 18 minutes
- Then I did nothing. Not true, then I made Protein Ice Cream for dessert!
- 18 minutes later, it was done. Easy!
Yes! I did eat all of this! I like big portions because I hate feeling hungry. This is why I am an intermittent faster. For more information, please read my intermittent FAQs and check out my Fat Loss Fast System about intermittent fasting and flexible dieting!
I ate 7.5 oz of sole, 3 oz of sweet potatoes, and 2 cups of mixed veggies:
- calories: 405, fat: 3.6g, saturated fat: 0.8g, cholesterol: 144.6mg, sodium: 341.8mg, carbohydrates: 33.6g, fiber: 7.7g, sugars: 11.3g, protein: 57.7g