Notice in today's Tabata workout that I increase the intensity by lifting heavy.
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- An exercise bench
- Kettlebells (I used two 25-pound KBs and one 35-pound KB). You can also use dumbbells or a weighted vest.
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
- I like to drink BCAAs. Click here to read why.
This 4-minute Tabata circuit consists of 8 exercises: 4 different glutes exercises (using heavy weight), each sandwiched with high-paced jump rope. Perform the circuit once if you keep it mega-INTENSE! Otherwise do it up to 4 times. If you are late for work, this is an ideal 4-minute workout to cram into your hectic morning schedule. This 4-minute workout ensures your metabolism will be humming at top speed for the rest of the day.
Try to do at least 8 reps for each glutes exercise. Hustle!
- Bulgarian split squat - right leg on bench behind you. (I used two 25-lb KBs).
- Jump Rope - bounce step (forward and backward)
- Bulgarian split squat - left leg on bench behind you. (I used two 25-lb KBs).
- Jump Rope - bell jump (forward and backward)
- Alternating Bench Step Ups (I used two 25-lb KBs).
- Jump Rope (alternate-foot step: forward, bounce step: backward)
- Goblet Squats (I used one 35-lb KB)
- Jump Rope - high step
Do the workout with me. Just click on the video. You can also upgrade to my full-length home video workouts and my gym workouts here.
p.s. Stay up to date with my daily fitness adventures on snapchat: drsarasolomon