Twist it Good
The theme for today's total body 20-minute HIIT home workout is TWIST IT GOOD. Every exercise involves a twisting action. Think of them as twisted obstacles. Or as I like to call them, twistacles.
- A Gymboss Timer
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- Two Lighter cushioned dumbbells (I used 9 lbs)
- One heavier dumbbell (I used 15 lbs)
- A medicine ball (I used 12 lbs)
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
This circuit consists of 10 different exercises. Perform the circuit 3 times, which takes 20 minutes. Set your gymboss timers for 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. You have to hustle between exercise. Keep it INTENSE!
- Twisting Pistons
- (R) reverse lunge with twist (med ball)
- (L) reverse lunge with twist (med ball)
- Jump Rope Twister
- T Push-Ups (I used cushioned 9-lb dbs... because regular db's hurt the hands for this exercise)
- Mason Twists (I used an 9-lb db)
- (R) Woodchopper Squats (med ball)
- (L) Woodchopper Squats (med ball)
- Breakdancer Planks
- Steering Wheels (I used a 15 lb DB)
Do the workout with me. Just click on the video.