Today (Sept. 26, 2018), Gys Weverink and I both received news that we passed our StrongFit exams and we are officially StrongFit Coaches.
StrongFit changed my life. It’s my passion and life's mission to show others how StrongFit can improve so much more than just movement patterns.
I made a collage of my 22-month StrongFit journey ... it's in chronological order and I numbered it because some things will never change. 😂
1. This is my 2016 to 2018 StrongFit transformation: No more knee and back pain, bye bye upper trap dominance, dramatically less asymmetry, significantly less anxiety, and magical new abilities.
2. May 2016: Gys was brought into my life. This was before StrongFit. We knew I had a lot of structural deficiencies, but an important part of the equation was missing for us: StrongFit.
3. November 2016: Gys said he was leaving for a week, but he didn't say why. He posted this photo on his Instagram. I googled Julien Pineau and watched all his vlogs and podcasts (twice), took notes, and started the openers before Gys came home.
4. Summer 2017: I signed up for the Minneapolis StrongFit Seminar and Coaches' Week at Tyler Reiter's CrossFit1080. I was so nervous: The attendees were CrossFit Coaches and Box owners. I was "just a bikini model".
5. This is where I met Tyler Stone, Tyler Reiter, Lauren Fiske and Natali Russo Kummer.... the future mentor group 2 tribe. In this photo, we are doing sandbag squats to Halo (this was before Julien had devised the new movement matrix with breathing). Lauren, Natali and I quickly became a trio... behind every successful StrongFit woman is a group chat hyping her up! Huge congratulationsto Lauren for passing her StrongFit exam too!
6. In August of 2017, I joined the mentorship program. Best decision I ever made. Group 2 is the best, just saying.
7. Gys and I spent countless hours trying to get my SI joints to swivel. Then one day... after 14 months, I hinged. I almost called Oprah.
8. January 2018: Figure skating with Yaya in Montreal. This girl is the definition of epsilon greedy. Yaya, thanks for inspiring me to get more scrapes, bruises, blisters, and scabs.
9. Oh surprise. No more upper trap dominance. Poof! I can hold handstands for the first time at 40 years of age.
10. Gregor Rath a.k.a. Grex Gym dude and the official taste tester of my homemade cookies.
11. Countless hours doing rope pulls with Gys because #TeresMajorsForPresident
12. Summer 2018 Miami: Finally got to meet Kris Radican... such a badass dude. Lauren, Adam Merkado-Weiss and I are becoming ubiquitous, like crabgrass. Adam has the best OOTD's and "would you rather" questions.
13. I got to meet some of my Strength Academy members!!! Casey, Jodie, Sandi and Ashley! That was the best.day.ever.
14. OMG was I just asked by Coach Richard Aceves to demo the hinge??? What does this mean? Does this mean I can hinge? OMG I'm having explosive hingerrhea! #HatersBackOff
15. Richard gave me pole fitness for my StrongFit homework. Never would have thought the day would come that I'd buy a pole or 8 inch stripper heels.
16. What an honour to teach StrongFit to dentists at the COAMS conference!
17. July 2018: Utrecht Seminar and Coaches Week. I friggin love Jackie Perez and you gotta follow her! She and I go together like copy and paste.
18. Kasper van der Meulen... a.k.a StrongFit's breathing guy. I was showing Kasper my peanut butter belly button hinging trick. It was intense, like camping. Kasper has a gym called MLAB in Utrecht. Check it out. It's as epic as he is.
19. Meeting Mia Eriksson and Christian Rehné changed my life. We had so many Swedish fikas. If you are ever in Sweden, do StrongFit with these two. They are awesome almighty.
20. Teaching hamstring anatomy.
21. July 2018: Regensburg Germany. Spent the week at Markus Prygoda's extremely tidy CrossFit Regensburg doing lots of stuff and stuff. Markus is also in mentor group 2. Group 2 is the best, just sayin. #markus #awesome #cool #pro #lecker #roo #fknpsoas
22. Teaching a hinging workshop at CrossFit Regensburg. Markus got that spine from a spineless individual.
23. September 2018 in Toronto: Dream come true to do sandbag carries with my Strength Academy members, Kylie (from Australia), Sandi from Texas, and Jodie from Florida.
24. Gys and I taught our very first Intro to StrongFit Workshop in Toronto Sept. 2018. What an amazing group of people! I'm so excited that so many people are learning StrongFit and teaching it to others. Transformed people transform people, just sayin.
25. Zzzzzaaaahhh baby!
StrongFit is so much more than manipulating the nervous system through movement, breathing and nutrition. It's a tribe. I ❤️my tribe. Thank you Julien Strongfit Pineau and Richard Aceves.
Well Damped Control Function