Are you tired of eating spinach and sucking back casein protein shakes?
Me too! That's why I invented a recipe that masks the sketchy flavours and textures of spinach & casein. Yes! You're welcome!
Would you believe me if I told you I used casein & spinach to make the best ice cream flavour in the whole world?
Yes! I made mint chocolate chip protein ice cream that tastes exactly like you remember it as a kid! Ridiculously delicious!
Shhh! Don't tell people about the spinach because they will have no clue it's in their ice cream. You cannot taste the spinach at all. It does, however, turn the ice cream a perfect minty shade of green... and without having to use sketchy food colouring.
And let's not forget that spinach is high in calcium, folic acid, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamins A & C and lutein.
1. Place the following into a mini food processor and blend until it looks like the photo below:
- 1/4 cup of spinach leaves (remove the stems)
- 20 mint leaves (remove the stems)
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp guar gum (to make it creamy) - OPTIONAL
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (to thicken it) - OPTIONAL
- 1 scoop of Bodybuilding.com 100% Casein - Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2. Pour this mixture into big measuring cup (with a spout) containing 1/4 cup of water (I added the extra water to yield a greater quantity of ice cream, because I like big portions!)
3. MAKE THE ICE CREAM:
Step 1: Buy an Ice Cream Machine. I got mine at the rainforest place for ~$50 here. Best thing money can buy. I use mine ALL the time except when I don’t use it.
Step 2: Watch my “How to Use an Ice Cream Machine Tootorial Video” or just read my instructions here.
calories: 229, fat: 8.5g, saturated fat: 1.2 g, cholesterol: 15mg, sodium: 371.7mg, carbohydrates: 14.1g, fiber: 5.4 g, NET CARBS: 8.7g, sugars: 2.7g, protein: 26.4g
Compare this to mint chocolate chip ice cream from Baskin Robbins, which has twice the fat, 8 times the saturated fat, 3 times the carbs, 10 times more sugar and 1/5 the amount of protein.
==> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients used in this recipe in my Ingredient Encyclopaedia.