Grandma's Strawberry Fluff
Today my mother is going to teach us how to make my Grandma's Strawberry Fluff Recipe.
- It's surprisingly low in calories, sugar, carbs and fat.
- It was always served at Passover for dessert. It's called "Grandma's Passover Frozen Mousse".
- Grandma was my dad's mother. Her name was Shirley Solomon. She was an amazing cook. I love that my mom is sharing Grandma's recipes with us!
- 2 Quarts (8 cups) Strawberries
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
This recipe makes 16 servings (1 cup per serving).
calories 38, fat 0.2g, sat fat 0g, cholesterol: 0mg, sodium 9.1mg, carbohydrates: 8.7g, fibre 1.4g, sugars 6.7g, protein 1.1g
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry
- Process berries in Food Processor or blender. Add lemon and sugar.
- Fold processed berries into the egg whites.
- Beat in BIG bowl (i.e. stand mixer) for 20 minutes
- Freeze in serving bowl ... it makes about 16 servings (1 cup is 1 serving).
- You can keep 1/4 of mixture in fridge and use as topping, or remove dessert from freezer ~20 minutes before serving it (so it softens)
Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.
Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to demonize food or portions. (Hey, I get it, I confess I cannot eat tiny portions.... I need HUGE portions to feel satisfied!).
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. I explain exactly how I approach my diet so that I can eat my favourite foods without gaining fat.