OMG! Why didn't I concoct this recipe ages ago? Cheesy Bread: Where have you been all my life?
DISCLAIMER: Have you ever eaten something so good that you have to stand up and do a little jig whilst simultaneously humming and chewing? Yep, this happens if you eat this cheesy bread.
REJOICE because my cheesy bread is:
- Loaded with protein and healthy fat
- Rife with fiber
- Virtually sugar free
- Low carb (only 1.2g net carbs per slice) - perfect for diabetics or people who want to be as thin as a bat's ear.
- Dairy free
- And there's no wheat flour in my cheesy bread! That means you don't have to worry about the refined-flour energy spike. No siree bob! I use low carb almond and coconut flour instead! BAM, POW & SLAM!
Feast your eyes on this warm, delicious, crunchy cheesy bread:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Combine and mix the following ingredients into a bowl:
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 1 TBSP Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1 TBSP Whole Flaxseeds (to create a "multigrain crunchy effect")
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 TBSP GG Bran Fiber Sprinkles (to create a "multigrain crunchy effect")
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (unflavoured)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes (use a toothpick to verify the loaf is cooked).
Cool and remove from the pan. Slice into 5 pieces.
For the entire loaf:
calories: 385, total fat: 20.1g, saturated fat: 2.6 g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 282.5mg, carbohydrates: 22.2g, fiber: 16.1g, NET CARBS: 6.1 g, sugars: 1.5g, protein: 30.4g
For 1 slice (1/5 of loaf):
calories: 77, total fat: 4g, saturated fat: 0.5 g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 56.5mg, carbohydrates: 4.4g, fiber: 3.2g, NET CARBS: 1.2 g, sugars: 0.3g, protein: 6.1g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!