Oh My Goodness these are delicious! This no-bake recipe is only 5 ingredients and it makes 6 Chocolate Coconut protein bars. Each bar is 144 calories and 5g of sugar. If you make them, please post a photo of 'em on Instagram and tag @DrSaraSolomon so I can see them!
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1.5 scoops of BSN Syntha-6 Edge Whey (I used Peanut Butter Cookie), 1/4 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut and 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- Add 1/4 cup (4 TBSP) milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk). In hindsight, I wish I had used less than 1/4 of a cup because it made my filling too runny. So I recommend you start with 2 TBSP and play it by ear.
- Mix until it becomes a batter.
- Shape the batter into 6 squares on a plate covered in plastic wrap.
- Place in the freezer for ~30 minutes. This makes it easier to dip it into the chocolate (especially if your batter was on the runny side like mine was).
- Melt 2 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate (I melted 1 square at a time in the microwave, 60s each). I fully coated the squares (except for the bottoms, but you are welcome to coat the bottoms if you like). Place them back on the plate with the plastic wrap.
- Place in the freezer to set the chocolate for about 10 minutes.
- You can store these in the freezer. I take 1 bar out of the freezer in the morning, and place it in the fridge to enjoy later in the day.
- Watch the video demonstration
Makes 6 bars. For 1 bar:
- calories: 144 calories, 7.8g fat, 5.3g saturated fat, 11.3mg cholesterol, 61.6mg sodium, 10.9g carbs, 2g fibre, 5.2g sugar, 7.7g protein
I've been an intermittent faster and a flexible dieter since 2012. I put together an entire system (an e-Book) that shows you how to make it work for your schedule, goals and eating personality. I call it the Fat Loss Fast System. It's a sustainable approach to eating. I really enjoy helping people who love the daily process ... people who love finding value in making choices that are right for their body. When it comes to body recomposition and fitness, I believe that fixation on the endgame is the reason why people become so disappointed and end up throwing in the towel. My passion is teaching you how to love the daily process. That's the secret to long-term success!